Open and lively conversation is welcome – here are a few simple rules to make sure it’s an enjoyable, safe place for everyone:
- Be polite and respectful. It’s ok to disagree with others, but please do so respectfully.
- Please don’t post comments or links to information that is offensive, illegal, abusive, profane, or defamatory. We will have to remove these..
- No spam.
- No advertising. VALID policy does not allow advertising or endorsements of commercial organisations. If adverts are posted on the page, we will have to remove these.
- No discrimination. We will not allow any comments or links that discriminate against people on any grounds, including gender, disability, sexuality, culture, age, religion etc.
- Be inclusive of all. In particular we won’t tolerate language or terms that are derogatory to people with disability.
- We reserve the right to hide or delete posts, comments, links or other media at our discretion, that may be offensive, or do not comply with these rules.
- Respect privacy and dignity. Everyone has the right to privacy and dignity. Please think carefully about privacy and dignity when posting. We will remove posts that name individuals or organisations in a negative way.
- We will reply to comments at our discretion, and reserve the right to correct any factual errors.
- No bullying. Bullying will not be tolerated. This includes unkind comments about things such as disability, appearance, race, religion, culture, sexual orientation, gender or identity, or knowledge of NDIS.
- Pictures or images must have a description so that people who use screen readers know what it is.
We welcome differing opinions and experiences on this page, but we ask that they are expressed in a way that respects all who post and comment here.