Our signature NDIS training course is coming up in April and May. This online course is delivered over four weeks and covers everything you need to know about managing your NDIS plan.
- VALID Family Workshops ONLINE June 2021 with REGN
- VALID NDIS Family Course ONLINE June
- VALID NDIS Family Course ONLINE July
Managing your NDIS plan – courses and workshops
Whether you’re managing your own NDIS plan or a family member’s plan, navigating how the system works and ensuring you’re getting the best outcomes can be difficult.
The learning curve can be steep, and it’s easy to feel overwhelmed by the process.
Our online training courses and workshops will help you to feel in control of your NDIS plan. We offer training and workshops on all elements of the NDIS process – from how the NDIS works, to refresher workshops updating you on recent changes to the NDIS.
Who should attend?
- Family members managing a family member’s NDIS plan
- Individuals self-managing their NDIS plan
- NDIS support workers who want to help participants to get the most from their NDIS plan
What is covered in the course?
- Session one – How the NDIS processes work, including recent changes
- Session two – Getting effective support from your NDIS package
- Session three – Developing a plan for the future
- Session four – How to manage plan supports and funding
Cost of the course
This course costs $400 – to cover course materials and running costs. This can be funded through your NDIS plan. For assistance with your NDIS claim for this course, please contact Maree Hewitt at [email protected]
Register by Tuesday, 30 March to secure your spot.
How to sign-up
Register by 14th June 2021
Frequently Asked Questions
If you’re not sure if this course is right for you or need some further information please email Maree Hewitt at [email protected]
Why choose a VALID NDIS training program?
- We’ve been providing NDIS training since it was introduced in 2016.
- We’re constantly refining our training to keep up to date with NDIS changes and best practice.
- Our programs are delivered by trainers with lived experience in managing NDIS plans for family members.
- We’re an independent, award-winning, not for profit organisation.
- We exist to help empower people with a disability and their families.
- We have been advocating for people with a disability since 1989.
Our approach for families
We actively engage with families to empower them and encourage person-centred approaches.
Families are often the primary source of information, support, guidance and advocacy for people with a disability. It makes sense to invest in ensuring families are well-informed and well-supported to play that role positively and effectively.
We support you to:
- Be partners in advocating for the rights and interests of your family member with a disability
- Be allies in the provision of support to your family member
- Improve your understanding of your responsibilities, as well as the rights and the responsibilities of staff and services