VALID is looking for volunteers to assist us at the Having a Say Conference which attracts hundreds of delegates from across Australia and overseas. The conference provides opportunities for people with disabilities to experience new things, to participate, learn, present, perform and celebrate achievement. Being a part of this conference is a wonderful experience for all involved.
The conference is not a profit-making exercise and we aim to run the conference at a low cost to participants. In order to do this we rely on the support of volunteers and local organisations. VALID are looking for volunteers who are:
- available a few hours, a day or the whole conference
- able to attend a short orientation session prior to the Conference
- committed to furthering the inclusion of people with disabilities in the community
If you would like to volunteer fill out the application in the back of the Volunteer Information Booklet.
All volunteers of the Having a Say Conference are required to have a current National Police Check. If you have a Police Check Certificate already you need to send a copy with your volunteer registration application. Police checks need to be renewed every 3 years. If you do not have a Police Check Certificate, contact the VALID office for more information on how to apply for a certificate. (VALID will pay for the Police check.)
- VALID will send your application with payment to Victoria Police, they will send you a Police Check Certificate
- Your Police Check will be kept private and confidential
- If you are convicted of a crime, you must notify VALiD in writing immediately
If you need more information about volunteering at the conference, call the VALID office on 03 9146 4003 and ask for Rick or Brenda or email: firstname.lastname@example.org