5:45 pm - 9 pm Wednesday 3, 10, 17 and 24 July 2019
A course conducted by parents with personal experience of the NDIS, for families who want to understand and use the NDIS as an opportunity to build a ‘Good Life’ for their family member. This four-week course is FREE.
This is essential learning for all families whether they have an NDIS Plan yet or not
Session 1. Understanding your NDIS Plan
• Start preparing for your NDIS Plan Review
• What is and is not funded. What you can and cannot do.
• What is your role and responsibilities?
Session 2. Getting Effective Support!
• Learn the NDIS Language
• What you need to have and do for the Plan Review
• Communicate effectively with NDIS, services and workers
Session 3. NDIS Planning & Whole of Life Planning
• Prepare for Review – develop your ideal NDIS plan.
• Planning - Person Centred, NDIS and Whole of Life Plans
• Learn how to write Goals.
Session 4. How to Manage the Plan supports and funding
• How to manage the plan – the funds and the supports
• Understand the NDIS Price Guide and how to use funds flexibly
• Getting the Best out of your NDIS Plan
• Implementing the Plan - How to get the services and supports you need.
Please note: You must commit to attend all four sessions, places are limited