10 steps to excellent NDIS therapy reports: VALID’s guide to National Disability Insurance Scheme therapist reports for allied health professionals is a 20-page good practice guide which uses clear sections and headings and an easy to read layout, for therapists as they prepare reports for NDIS participants.
It was developed by VALID advocates with expertise in providing advocacy support to people with intellectual disabilities.
In addition to helping allied health professionals, it can also be used as an information source for NDIS participants, families, Local Area Coordinators, and Support Coordinators when they are commissioning therapy reports, or to determine whether a report is of a high standard.
Along with the 10 steps, it contains a glossary, checklist, and small case study examples.
Download the 20-page PDF (316kb) for the details and the 10 steps:
- Understand that the NDIS is different
- Start with plain language
- Provide evidence for everything
- Make clear, strong recommendations
- Understand ‘reasonable & necessary’
- Explicitly respond to the reasonable & necessary criteria
- Therapies must achieve outcomes
- Stay within scope
- Focus on readability
- Be appeal ready